Pride Month 2021 Resources
When you’re a part of the LGBTQ+ community–allies included–being proud of who you are is something that should be celebrated all year round, and even more this month. June is Pride Month in the United States! For 30 days, we honor those who stood up for justice during the 1969 Stonewall Riots. In June of that year, a series of uprisings began at the Stonewall Inn in Greenwich Village, NY, by members of the transgender, lesbian, and gay community in response to a police raid on the establishment.
These demonstrations marked not only a turning point in LGBTQ+ liberation but also US history. Since then, people who are a part of and allies to the rainbow community have continued to champion LGBTQ+ rights–hitting milestones in the process.
Today, Pride Month is a time when everyone can come together for all types of events to show how proud they are, including parades, workshops, parties, picnics, concerts, and speaking engagements. We welcome you to get involved too and learn more about this incredible month!
RESOURCES FOR LEARNING
What to read:
- About the Stonewall Riots
- Advancements in LGBTQ+ Rights
- Establishment of Pride Month
- Pride Month Proclamation
- Notable Figures of the Stonewall Riots
- About Marsha P. Johnson
What you can do:
- Volunteer with LGBTQ+ organizations
- Support all-inclusive establishments
- Become an ally to the LGBTQ+ community
- Diversify Your Professional Teams
- Check-in with your LGBTQ+ family and friends
Who to support: